KRISHI VIGYAN KENDRA
NARAYANGAON TALUKA-JUNNAR DIST- PUNE
The revised mandate of the Krishi Vigyan Kendra was made effective from 1st April,1997.As per the revised mandate, the following activities have been outlined for effectively testing and transfer of agricultural technologies to bridge the gap between the production potential and thae existing productivity as well as to increase self employment opportunities among the farming communities
1. To conduct “on farm testing” for identifying technologies in terms of location specific sustainable land use systems.
2. To organize training to update the Extension Personnel with emerging advances in agricultural research on regular basis.
3. To organize short and long term vocational training courses in agriculture and allied vocations for the farmers and rural youths with emphasis on “learning by doing” for higher production on farms and generating self employment.
4. To organise front-line demonstrations on various crops to generate production data and feed back information.
5. Extension programmes to create awareness about improved technologies among farmers.